Rtds/High-Strength Premixes in Nigeria
STABLE VOLUME GROWTH PROJECTED FOR THE FORECAST PERIOD
While total RTDs/high-strength premixes volume sales fell slightly in 2017, this was nonetheless a marked improvement on the dramatic decline recorded in 2016. Aside from economic recession, the category’s strongly negative performance in 2016 was due to a steep drop in demand for leading brand Orijin.
CATEGORY POISED TO BENEFIT FROM RISING INCOMES AMONG YOUNG ADULTS
The further development of Nigeria’s nightlife culture should also drive demand in RTDs/high-strength premixes over the forecast period, especially as economic conditions improve and disposable incomes among young adults rise. Such products are a popular choice among young adults when socialising at parties or in nightclubs, bars etc.
SPIRIT-BASED RTDS SET TO REMAIN DOMINANT
Spirit-based RTDs is expected to remain the dominant category within RTDs/high-strength premixes over the forecast period. Due to its maturity, the category looks set to show slightly slower growth in total volume sales than high-strength premixes and wine-based RTDs.
GUINNESS NIGERIA CONTINUES TO DOMINATE RTDS/HIGH-STRENGTH PREMIXES
Guinness Nigeria continued to dominate RTDs/high-strength premixes in 2017 thanks to the combined strength of its Orijin, Smirnoff Ice and Snapp brands. An extensive distribution network and a strong capacity for innovation and marketing activities also contributed to the company’s dominant position.
NIGERIAN BREWERIES IS THE STRONGEST PERFORMER
Nigerian Breweries was the best performing company in RTDs/high-strength premixes in terms of total volume sales growth in 2017. The company’s volume share in the category increased rapidly over the latter years of the review period thanks to its successful launch of products such as Ace Roots, Ace Rhythm Vodka, Ace Passion Apple Spark and Ace Desire.
NIGERIAN BREWERIES LAUNCHES ACE DESIRE
Nigerian Breweries also led new product development in RTDs/high-strength premixes in 2017, launching Ace Desire Zobo Flavour. This innovative product incorporates the flavour of the hibiscus plant (called “zobo” in Nigeria), which is used in a locally popular non-alcoholic drink that is considered to be healthy, refreshing and tasty.
Files are delivered directly into your account within a few minutes of purchase.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the RTDs/High-Strength Premixes industry in Nigeria with research from Euromonitor’s team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you’re in the RTDs/High-Strength Premixes industry in Nigeria, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The RTDs/High-Strength Premixes in Nigeria market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market volume shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of RTDs/High-Strength Premixes in Nigeria?
- What are the major brands in Nigeria?
- How has premium lager performed in the wake of the global recession, has it lost out to economy lager as consumers traded down?
- What are the most popular flavours within non-alcoholic beer?
- What are the market opportunities for ‘healthier’ beers like low calorie and/or low abv beers?
- Has the implementation of a stricter drink driving law benefited sales of low/non-alcohol beer?
- Has the recession benefited domestic lager over imported lager?
WHY BUY THIS REPORT?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
This industry report originates from Passport, our Alcoholic Drinks market research database.